The Forgotten Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You there, come out of the cold!

5 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

You there, come out of the cold! - Page 3 Empty Re: You there, come out of the cold!

Post by Az-eal Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:24 pm

*The wizards words pull Az-eal to the table. He looks around for a moment, taking in what he is seeing. He notes the books, Jez holding a stick and the chair on the floor. He grunts, annoyed, and picks up the chair.*
Excuse me a minute.
*He walks quickly over to Balin, a distinct aura sizzles around him. The other residents purposely avoid looking at him*
I need a room.

Last edited by Az-eal on Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Az-eal
Az-eal

Back to top Go down

You there, come out of the cold! - Page 3 Empty Re: You there, come out of the cold!

Post by Jezreel Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:32 pm

*Jez doesn’t dare follow Az-eal, but does call to him from the table* Is everything all right, my Lord?
Jezreel
Jezreel

Back to top Go down

Post by Balin Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:38 pm

*Even he cannot help but take a step back. The very air around this guest seems on fire. He shakes it off and tries to respond in his normal manner.*
Certainly!! We have wondeful rooms for a bargain of a price. Only 50 silver a night.
Balin
Balin

Back to top Go down

Post by Az-eal Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:43 pm

*He rams his fist into a pocket and pulls out a handful of coins*
I'll need it for awhile.
*He drops the money on the table abruptly. For a moment he is tempted to ask for it straight away, but then he acknowledges the emotions of the room. He can sense all eyes and attention on him and decides it best to calm down. Taking a deep breath that sounds close to a low growl, he walks back to the table and joins the others. He stares at Jez, realizing he must have said something.*
I apologize.

Last edited by Az-eal on Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Az-eal
Az-eal

Back to top Go down

Post by Balin Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:46 pm

*Jumps at the forceful nature of the exchange. He about calls out to the Tiefling to tell him off, but his eyes gaze upon the money thrown at him. There are 10 gold pieces at his table. His eyes widen and he quickly scoops it up, heading to his wife. He urgently tells her to ready one of their nicer rooms. Anticipating this is not the end to the gruff guest's pockets.*
Balin
Balin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivar Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:51 pm

Oh i have something that can help! *starts digging in bag again* let me see, where did i place it..... hmmmmm. ah yes.
*pulls a leather pouch out and dumps its contents out. * mandrake root, it will cure whatever ailments. Its quite interesting you see, mandrake are hard to find, if you don't know what you looking for *winks at Az-eal* and their screams are something to behold, luckily for me it doesn't bother me all the much, now interesting story to that, I use to work with a golem who would bang a gong every hour as a reminder of the time, you see i would get so wrapped up in my work i would forget what time of day it was or to eat. So i grew a sensitivity to sound, quite helpful in some aspects... *pauses for a moment* im sorry what were we talking about?
Ivar
Ivar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezreel Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:55 pm

*Jezreel tries to catch Az-eal’s eye, speaking softly, for privacy* My lord, is something wrong?
Jezreel
Jezreel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivar Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:58 pm

*drinks the last of the tea* starts to nod off*
Ivar
Ivar

Back to top Go down

Post by Az-eal Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:58 pm

*Az-eal's eyes bore into the Wizard. The rambling grates on his nerves and a telling twitch flicks at the corner of his brow. His fingers clench under the age as he thinks about what he just heard from miles away. His blood boils and his tale flicks. "What the hell am I so upset for? " He can't help but wonder. *
Good sir! *He calls back toward Balin, abruptly yelling across the room.*
A round of ale for my friends! *His words are cheery but there is a distinct coldness underneath them.*
Az-eal
Az-eal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezreel Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:01 pm

*Jezreel sits back, frowning—one at having been directly ignored, two at the blatant cheeriness in Az-eal’s tone. But he won’t say no to another drink. He subtly sweeps the elder stick under the table.*
Jezreel
Jezreel

Back to top Go down

Post by Az-eal Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:01 pm

*Jezeel's words grabs his attention. He looks at the Orc and his anger abates slightly. He is placated by the reverent manner in which he was addressed. He responds gruffly*
Troubling news. I apologize, I'm afraid I lost myself for a moment.
Az-eal
Az-eal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezreel Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:28 pm

*Jezreel nods* No apolgy required. It happens, my lord. *a strange expression crosses his face, like he’s remembering all the times he has reacted the same* I’m sorry about your news.
Jezreel
Jezreel

Back to top Go down

Post by Az-eal Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:38 pm

*Runs his fingers through his hair, tossing the brades in an array. *

You would think I- with all my experience....

*Taps his foot impatiently * Damn succubus...
Az-eal
Az-eal

Back to top Go down

Post by Az-eal Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:40 pm

*Turns to the second guest at his table*
I apologize for my abruptness. Good of you to join us, Mr...?
Az-eal
Az-eal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezreel Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:53 am

*Jez watches the god with worried attention, but says nothing. Following Az-eal’s lead, he turns to Ivar as well, but internally his mind is buzzing through all the possibilities for what Az-eal’s bad news could have been*
Jezreel
Jezreel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivar Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:10 pm

*coughing* as i startle awake, glancing at the two staring at me* Oh Hello there, Ivar, Please to meet your acquaintance. *hand tumbling as his head bows slightly*
Ivar
Ivar

Back to top Go down

Post by Az-eal Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:24 pm

*Nods in response*
Azell. Nice to meet you. *Goes to take a sip from his mug only to realize it's empty. Looks back and notices Balin busily getting them. He taps his foot impatiently. *
Az-eal
Az-eal

Back to top Go down

Post by Balin Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:34 pm

*Huridly brings over three mugs of ale. He sets them on the table and warrily looks at the Tiefling*

Here you are sir. Please note my wife has your room prepares for whenever you are ready.
*Coming back to himself*

We have more rooms if either of you gentlemen are looking as well! Don't be shy, we will take care of you well here at the White Boar.

*He winks and gives a slight bow. He turns back towards his bar, sharing merry banter with the other guest along the way.*
Balin
Balin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezreel Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:40 pm

*nodding at Az-eal as he claims his drink* Thank you, my lord.
Jezreel
Jezreel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivar Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:46 pm

Az-eal you say! The Az-eal? *muttering to him self, no no* Starts to dig in his bag again, pulls out a waterskin.* If I may asks *takes big swig* What brings such fine adventures to this corner? The ale here is good, but.... *offers the waterskin to Az-eal*
Ivar
Ivar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivar Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:55 pm

Just wine my good sir. *holding a finger up, quite reverence in his tone* Moonberry wine, moon-berries are rare, they can only be harvested on a lovers moon at the witching hour.
It taste different to everyone, bewarned, for me *settling into a memory* hints of lavender and licorice root, to remind me of my sweetheart you see.
Drink up!
Ivar
Ivar

Back to top Go down

Post by Az-eal Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:57 pm

*Shakes his head*
No, Azell. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear.
*Takes a sip an eyes Jezell wearily. Wondering if he will say anything*
I'm not sure of who Az-eal is.

Where do you come from? You seem to be well travelled. It has been some time since I've seen a Wizard as...experienced, as you.
Az-eal
Az-eal

Back to top Go down

Post by Az-eal Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:00 pm

*Begins to take a sip of ale but stops suddenly when Ivar mentions the wine. His eyes flash dangerously. His suspicions causing his tail to flick*
Is that so. Pray, tell me then, why you would offer such a gift to a stranger. If it is so rare, it seems it should be saved.
Az-eal
Az-eal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivar Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:04 pm

Azell! My dear sir! Of course! Drink up Drink up!
Its effect will take over soon, you see, your fondest memories are brought forth, helps with that bad news from before.
We tend to stay in our libraries, stuffy old men stuff.
I was out harvesting some sweet mint. Thought i would stop in for a quick cup of tea, hear the lastest new of the century.
Ivar
Ivar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezreel Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:17 pm

*Jezreel gives a subtle nod to Az-eal to indicate that what was shared in confidence will remain in confidence, then looks to Ivar* Do you only take your news by the century, wizard?
Jezreel
Jezreel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum