The Forgotten Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You there, come out of the cold!

5 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

You there, come out of the cold! - Page 2 Empty Re: You there, come out of the cold!

Post by Az-eal Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:51 am

*He finally feels fully invested and interested in this conversation. His humour triggered, he decides to play along*
I should have guessed. Ok then, friend, you say I seem a God? What God's of religion do you know who are Teiflings and wander the world of mortals?
Az-eal
Az-eal

Back to top Go down

You there, come out of the cold! - Page 2 Empty Re: You there, come out of the cold!

Post by Ivar Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:00 pm

*a hunched hooded figure walks into the tavern, struggling to close the door behind him, he approaches the bar, his long white beard billowing out in from of his robes, unsure how his has not tripped as it cascades down to his feet* "could I trouble you for a cup of hot jasmine tea, young sir? *his voice cracked and hoarse*
Ivar
Ivar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezreel Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:34 pm

Given that Tieflings themselves are beings touched by the fiendish planes, there could be any number heretofore unknown to scholarship. *Jez glances over his shoulder to the bar, and Ivar, then back to Az-eal*
Jezreel
Jezreel

Back to top Go down

Post by Az-eal Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:44 pm

*Smirks inspite of himself.*
Or far less than your thoughts imagine.
*The entry of the wizard deems a subtle look from Az-eal. He remains aware of him, as he does all things around him, but turns his attention back to Jazeel.*
I'll give you a bone. My name is actually Az-eal. If that rings a bell I will willingly answer your questions. But be warned *a shadow crosses his face* if your tounge is lose and shares to outsiders more than it should, I will see need to cut it off.
Az-eal
Az-eal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezreel Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:56 pm

*Jezreel bows his head respectfully, which hides a secret smile. He’s pleased with himself.* I would never dream of it, my lord. *he raises his head and offers a smile* Tell me more about your quest upon the earth. I swear that my tongue shall remain tied. And safe within my mouth.
Jezreel
Jezreel

Back to top Go down

Post by Balin Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:19 pm

*Upon the arrival of the wizard, excitedly booms*
Welcome good sir!! I apologise for that wait! Jasmine tea did you say? Why certainly, my wife brews a wondeful cup!
*Turns to grab the kettle off the stove and fills a simple cup*
That's 3 copper pieces, my friend. Please feel free to pull up a chair and enjoy our gentle inn! Where do you hail from?
Balin
Balin

Back to top Go down

Post by Az-eal Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:39 pm

Jezreel wrote:*Jezreel bows his head respectfully, which hides a secret smile. He’s pleased with himself.* I would never dream of it, my lord. *he raises his head and offers a smile* Tell me more about your quest upon the earth. I swear that my tongue shall remain tied. And safe within my mouth.

*Takes a sip and decides to present another test.* Which one?
Az-eal
Az-eal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezreel Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:02 pm

Ah. I was inquiring about your search for this “someone” you mentioned earlier, but if you would care to tell me about your quest to mend the dams he you have caused, I would be most eager to hear of your progress.
Jezreel
Jezreel

Back to top Go down

Post by Az-eal Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:09 pm

*Laughs loudly. And raises his glass with a nod*
How indeed. Hard to say but I do have all time I could possibly need.
*Contemplates the other half of the question while he lazily leans back in his chair and takes a drink. *
As for her...well I know exactly where she is. But getting to her is not an option. I will wait here-I trust it won't be terribly long. She and I have....much...to discuss.
Az-eal
Az-eal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezreel Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:03 pm

*Jez finds himself smiling* Ah. An old flame then?
Jezreel
Jezreel

Back to top Go down

Post by Az-eal Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:21 pm

*Smiles* Current.
*Takes a swig and then gestures toward Jez* Here, you have me talking. What about you? You say you are waiting. What for?
Az-eal
Az-eal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezreel Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:41 pm

Same as you, as luck would have it. *he fiddles with his empty pint* Though mine’s a “he”.
Jezreel
Jezreel

Back to top Go down

Post by Az-eal Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:52 pm

*Raises an eyebrow and nods* I see. Why chose this place to wait? Is he from around these parts?
Az-eal
Az-eal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezreel Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:03 pm

*Jezreel shakes his head, chuckling a little.* No, he just fucking loves taverns. I figure I’ll catch wind of him eventually. Hard man to miss.
Jezreel
Jezreel

Back to top Go down

Post by Az-eal Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:42 pm

*Smirks * Fair enough. *Goes to take another sip but abruptly stops. His eyes go out of focus and he seems a world away.*
Az-eal
Az-eal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivar Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:01 pm

thank you kind sir, tell your wife she is a delight to share *digs for coins in my pocket, pulls out twigs, leafs, a few berries and lint with four copper coins* *waving my hand absentmindedly* oh here and there, please do keep the change. *taking the cup of tea and heads to the fire to sit shuffling along the way*
Ivar
Ivar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivar Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:05 pm

*after sitting down and adjusting my glasses* *tossing my beard over my left shoulder taking a sip of tea as it slightly spills on my bread* Ahhhh jasmine tea, warms the soul.
Love, gentleman *address the two in converstaion* is the greatest adventure of them all. *bringing my attentions back to my tea, lips smacking in delight*
Ivar
Ivar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezreel Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:44 pm

*Jezreel glances between Az-eal and Ivar, equally socially unsettled by both, decides to respond to Ivar as Az-eal’s gone glassy*

It’s certainly an adventure, sir. I don’t know if it’s the GREATEST.
Jezreel
Jezreel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pearl Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:54 pm

whats the latest you say? Im not sure, i haven't heard from the crows in some time.
Would you like an elderberry stick while we ask the Tavern keeper?
*starts digging into my bag looking for the stick*
Good Sir *shouting to the bar keep* *clearing my throat* whats the latest news in this village?
Pearl
Pearl

Back to top Go down

Post by Pearl Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:00 pm

ah ha! *i start to take some of my books out of my pack to dig deeper, titles reading " So you turned your friends to frogs - A field guide" and "Dragon-lore" stacking them higher on the table
There they are! *offering a gray-ish, shriveled stick to Jezreel*
quite delicious if is do say so, hard to extract. Elder trees are revengeful you see so you must ask, but worth the hassle.
Pearl
Pearl

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezreel Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:04 pm

*Jez holds the stick between his thumb and forefinger, away from his face. He just looks at it for a moment, then at Ivar. Gives the stick a sniff, a tentative taste with the tip of his tongue. He has no idea what he’s supposed to do with it, or what’s going on. It’s not an unfamiliar feeling*
Jezreel
Jezreel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivar Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:11 pm

EH? What did I tell ya? Delicious!
Ivar
Ivar

Back to top Go down

Post by Az-eal Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:19 pm

*Suddenly Az-eal slams his hands against the table and comes out of his chair. The movement is so fast the chair clatters to the floor. His tail whips menacingly around him.*

Last edited by Az-eal on Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Az-eal
Az-eal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivar Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:21 pm

Oh my apologies, would you like one too? *offers a stick to Az-eal*
Ivar
Ivar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezreel Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:23 pm

*Jezreel jumps, dropping his stick on the floor*
Jezreel
Jezreel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum