The Forgotten Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 2 -One Step Further-

+2
Az-eal
Keeper of Time
6 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Chapter 2 -One Step Further-  Empty Chapter 2 -One Step Further-

Post by Keeper of Time Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:41 am

(THIS IS THE CONTINUATION OF THE HALLS OF HOLDERHEK, PLAYERS PHEE, PEARL, AND SHO WILL BE IN THIS CHAT)

Nightmares fill your head with the cries of the innocent rushing back and forth, blue flames scar the night sky as the stars are ripped from the heavens, the crushing impending doom emanate. You feel a hand take hold of your shoulder awakening you from this nightmare. Your eyes open, the snowy wind nips at your nose, you're lying down, above you see large panels missing in the ceiling allowing snow to creep in, looking left and right you see your companions lying in aged beds wrapped in dusty blankets.. Getting your bearings together you notice you're in a small shack roughly 30 by 30 feet, with a fireplace among the wall, that has well seen its years of no use. Few broken chairs lie across the floor, and as your eyes continue to drift around the room you see two tall shadowed figures on the opposite side of the room. You hear a voice say.....
Keeper of Time
Keeper of Time

Back to top Go down

Chapter 2 -One Step Further-  Empty Re: Chapter 2 -One Step Further-

Post by Az-eal Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:51 am

What the hell happened?
*Leaning against the fireplace. Arms crossed and staring intently at Sholin*
Az-eal
Az-eal

Back to top Go down

Post by Phee Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:04 am

As Phee startles awake, the first thought that crosses his mind is why? Then all the reasons for that why come crashing down upon him, and suddenly he cannot breathe. A moment of panic, like sleep paralysis, unable to move, but awake and terrified. His breathing is rapid. It’s so rapid, but he can’t feel it. He can’t feel anything—not the cold, not the wind, only the horrible weight of what has come to pass. Because it had to be him. His hands shake. His legs shake. Everything trembles, but he can’t feel that either. He can’t feel anything aside from a desperate, hollow fear. He does not register where he is or who is there. He can barely see, barely hear, all his senses overwhelmed by what he has done. Ildreth is free. Ildreth has an army. Ildreth is free, and he gave her an army. A sharp, stinging thought crosses his mind with biting pain: he wishes he hadn’t survived this time. Or any of the other times. If only he’d died, if only he’d been dead, if only, if only, if only, if only…

Finally, one breath makes an icy impact on his lungs as he gasps. It leaves him almost immediately, however, as he begins to cry—silent tears trailing from the corners of his eyes down his temples and onto this borrowed bed.
Phee
Phee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sholin Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:10 pm

*Her body aches. Everywhere it aches-especially her back. She still feels the fire. She can feel other senses now. She feels the cold. She feels the light breeze and the pillow under her head. Her eyes hazily crack open and she stares up. It takes a moment for her to register the words that were just spoken. She recognized that voice... Suddenly her eyes shoot open in realization and she jolts out of her bed to find him. This is an immediate mistake as her head spins and darnkess threatens to overwhelm her. She half collapses again but fights to stay awake. She seeks him and finally finds him. Standing in that overwhelming way. Powerful and mesmurizing.*
Az-eal...
*Her voice is horse and soft. She is utterly shocked. It's been 3 years since she has laid her eyes on him.*

Sent from Topic'it App
Sholin
Sholin

Back to top Go down

Post by Leohorn of Birch Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:50 pm

The shadow beside Az-eal begins to move. You hear a soft voice say "Easy now, you've been through a lot."

Standing with a warm smile you see a 6 foot tall half elf staring back at you. His hands are glowing with holy energy, making out his figure from the light. He is wearing long black and silvered robes with a large shield strapped to his back and a scepter to his side. His hair is grey with fine streaks of silver.
Leohorn of Birch
Leohorn of Birch

Back to top Go down

Post by Az-eal Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:22 pm

*Watches Sholin quietly. Nothing registering on his face. His eyes flick to Leohorn as the healer approaches Sholin and the others.*
How much longer, Leohorn? Time is not a luxury right now. I need to know everything. Ildreth is on the move as we speak.
Az-eal
Az-eal

Back to top Go down

Post by Leohorn of Birch Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:15 pm

Looking back at Az-eal. "It will be take some time, Ildreth left her mark on all of them... They wont be fully recovered, but I can get them back on their feet by morning. However I am concerned about..." *pausing and looking at Phee*

*Leohorn walks over towards Phee staring down at him*

"I put a small time charm upon your ankle. But that will not cure your foot siren..."

(Down at the base of Phee's ankle is a golden thread sewn into the skin making a full circle. The rest of his foot is completely gone.)
Leohorn of Birch
Leohorn of Birch

Back to top Go down

Post by Phee Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:21 pm

Phee squeezes his eyes shut, tears escaping as he does. He tries to find his breath, tries to draw it in better, more deeply, but it feels like his lungs won’t hold anything. He tries, too, to find some gratitude for this great service that has been paid to him, but all that echoes and beats in his mind are those same two words: if only, if only, if only, if only.

But panic is not a condition that can be maintained forever, and, without his willing it, the feeling begins to fade. Without it, though, Phee feels well and truly nothing. He looks at Leohorn, and his eyes are blank—hauntingly so. “Thank you,” he says, a whisper that sounds almost final.
Phee
Phee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sholin Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:38 pm

*Sholin, slightly startled, looks over at Phee. The last memory she has of him was not pleasant...she was certain he had died.*

Phee...? You're...alive.

*She seems niether relieved nor upset at this. A panic fills her and she looks quickly around for Pearl. She sees her resting on a small bed near by. She gets up again, slowly this time. Very aware of Az-eal's gaze, she leans over to get a better look.*

Is she...

*Her voice catches. Not daring to hope. They had fallen so far and Sholin herself nearly was killed from Ildreth's breath. She hardly hoped that Pearl had pulled through. Her heart ached as she looked at the very still figure.*

Sent from Topic'it App
Sholin
Sholin

Back to top Go down

Post by Leohorn of Birch Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:45 pm

"She's alive... but she will require some time to heal. Truly a miracle she made it. I am restoring her fey energy back into her." *He points down to a small stone with a leaf growing from the center of it, small traces of dust emanating from the leaf surround Pearls body.*
Leohorn of Birch
Leohorn of Birch

Back to top Go down

Post by Az-eal Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:46 pm

*Sholin's distress causes a small change in Az-eal. He moves from his spot and walks over to Sholin's bed. He also looks at Pearl for a moment and then back at Sholin.*

I saw what you did...likely it is what saved not only her, but you as well.

*He leans over Sholin, his eyes blazing softly*

I ask again. What the hell happened? I saw that creature *he points absently to Phee while his eyes continue to bore into Sholin's.* Use the staff of soles. The same staff that was used to lock her away. What the fuck did you have in your head? Do you have any idea what you all have done?
*His voice is low and deep. It has an air of a hiss and threat.*
Az-eal
Az-eal

Back to top Go down

Post by Phee Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:55 pm

Phee startles again as something seems to click in his mind. He’s finally registered who else is in the room, and what little breath he had regained leaves him. The tears rise again and begin to fall. They’re alive. At least Sho and Pearl are alive.
Phee
Phee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sholin Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:58 pm

*Beaths a sigh of relief and the healer's words. She leans back on her pillow and looks up at Az-eal. She doesn't shy away from his gaze. She stares right back.*

We we're deceived. Trapped and up against a wall we made decisions we thought were right. We we're wrong. I can't help but think that perhaps it could have been avoided if YOU actually listened when I called.

*The frustration she had felt over not just the last several nights, but the last few years seeped out with her words. She looked at Phee, noticing his tears. She shook her head.*

It was a shit deal to begin with.

Sent from Topic'it App
Sholin
Sholin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phee Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:05 pm

Phee sobs. "It was me. It's my fault. I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry." He repeats the words over and over again, but they are unintelligible.
Phee
Phee

Back to top Go down

Post by Pearl Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:12 pm

Sho? *my head spinning, aching, what the hell happened?, where’s sho, why is it soft? Sho? I hear sho.* *squeezing my eyes* Sho? *opening my eyes to the room un able to focus just yet.* Sho?
Pearl
Pearl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sholin Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:21 pm

*Even though she feels incredibly weak and still painful, Sho forces herself up and she stumbles a little to get to Pearl's bed.*
It's ok Pearl. I'm here and you're going to be ok.
*She gently strokes Pearl's hair and slowly falls to her knees-her energy already depleted*

Sent from Topic'it App
Sholin
Sholin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pearl Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:35 pm

Sho!!!! *gleefully*
Are you okay? what happened, you were bleeding, what was that light?
*pushing myself up to sit, worry shadowing my face*
*looking around the room seeing new faces i start to scoot closer to sho, wincing at the pain moving causes*
Pearl
Pearl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sholin Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:41 pm

*Smiles at Pearl's spunky attitude already back in full force*

I'm alright. I've changed though...*pauses and takes stock of herself* I'm pretty sure my magic ability is gone.

*She notices Pearl's hesitation at the people in the room.*

It's ok...they saved us. *Nods toward Az-eal* That man is Az-eal...
And the healer- I'm sorry, I forget your name

Sent from Topic'it App
Sholin
Sholin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pearl Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:44 pm

*hold my head* everything happened so fast, your magic? How? *flashes of that moment, falling, blood, the cold, Phee...eyes snapping open* Phee?

Pearl
Pearl

Back to top Go down

Post by Pearl Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:45 pm

*Looking around the room again* Phee?
Ho... How... how? how can you be a live?
Pearl
Pearl

Back to top Go down

Post by Pearl Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:02 pm

*looking at sho* he was dead, did you see him? *shaking my head back and forth* he was broken in half, how are we not dead, are we dead? is this some kind of afterlife? this... this is not what... what its suppose to be. *overwhelmed by the moment* i don't understand what is going on, Sho we have to leave! *looking to sho* were not safe we need to leave.
Pearl
Pearl

Back to top Go down

Post by Phee Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:27 pm

Pearl’s question raises something sensible in Phee for a moment. “Minalin...” he says. “It was Minalin. He gave me his ring... He’s dead because of me.” At once, Phee remembers Murmur, and by extension Ildreth. “Because of me... So many people are going to die because of me.” He breaks down again, absolutely distraught, clutching his hands over his mouth as he sobs.

Sent from Topic'it App
Phee
Phee

Back to top Go down

Post by Az-eal Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:31 pm

*Rolls his eyes at the hysterics in the room. He pulls out a clean bit of cloth from the healers bag and gives it to Phee. He then turns his attention to Sholin and Pearl.*

You're in no immediate threat. Ildreth is currently not in this area and there are wards placed around this cabin. Calm yourself or you'll be good to no one.
Az-eal
Az-eal

Back to top Go down

Post by Leohorn of Birch Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:34 pm

"You're not dead" looking towards Pearl,. Bringing his hand to his chest and turns to Sholin "I am Leohorn of Birch last cleric of the North, an old friend of Az-eal, and I am here to help you all get back on your feet.".. pauses a moment in embarrassment. Glancing at Phee, "Err foot I should say..."
Leohorn of Birch
Leohorn of Birch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sholin Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:34 pm

*Gives Az-eal a pissed gaze and then turns to Pearl.*
It's ok, love. We are ok. Calm down.

Sent from Topic'it App
Sholin
Sholin

Back to top Go down