The Forgotten Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Az-eal's Room

2 posters

Go down

Az-eal's Room Empty Az-eal's Room

Post by Az-eal Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:15 pm

*Retired to his room, Az-eal sits on the bed. His cloak and gear lay beside him on the dresser. His boots rest against the fireplace, which crackles merrily in it's hearth. A latern glows on his bedside table. Stripped down to only his pants he sprawls lazily on the bed. One leg bent and the other spread. His back leans against the pillows and headboard. The runes that cover his body glow faintly from the radiating fire light. His long braided hair tumbles around his face which is fixed gazing at the dancing flames.
Memories are racking his mind. So many memories. But one in particular, THAT One, replays over and over. Blood and screams. The clashing of metal and the rushing energy of magic. Death. Anger.
Then the air seems to shift. There is a scent so powerful to him that he can still recall. Leather, spices. A blur of long hair glints past. A scent of a midnight moon. Rays dancing upon skin like silver...*
Az-eal
Az-eal

Back to top Go down

Az-eal's Room Empty Re: Az-eal's Room

Post by Az-eal Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:50 pm

*His thoughts are abruptly interrupted by a knock on the door. He looks up and hears Jez's voice. For a moment he contemplates ignoring him. But the poor kid has done nothing but tried to be respectful and friendly. He gets up and saunters over to the door. He opens the door. Placing one forearm high on the door frame he leans lazily against it and gives Jez a measured look.*
What is it?
Az-eal
Az-eal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezreel Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:55 pm

*Jez half expected him to ignore the knock outright, and startles slightly when the door opens, which is rather an odd expression on an orc* Apologies for disturbing you, my lord. I merely wanted to assure that everything was all right? *He lets that statement curl up at the end, a polite indication that he knows everything is NOT all right.*
Jezreel
Jezreel

Back to top Go down

Post by Az-eal Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:02 pm

*His eyes drill into his for a moment. Finally with a flick of his tail he turns around and waves his hand, welcoming him into his room.*

You're brave. I'll give you that. Knowing what I am, and more than that, knowing the mood I'm in, you still decide to visit me privately.

Az-eal
Az-eal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezreel Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:14 pm

Knowing what I know, sir, I also know that you are on a quest to right wrongs, not cause more of them. *Jez finally steps across the threshold, but only a little, just far enough to shut the door behind him. Otherwise he lingers respectfully by the exit* I am also formerly a member of a barbarian clan, so I tend to act without thinking. *he gives Az-eal a knowing smile*
Jezreel
Jezreel

Back to top Go down

Post by Az-eal Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:19 pm

* Az-eal chuckles.*

Now a barbarian I can see. This explains some.

* He walks over to an armchair by the fire and heavily falls into it. He leans back and momentarily soaks in the fire's warm against his skin. *

I invited you in. Don't feel a need to stand on ceremony. Please *He gestures to the second chair across the fireplace * sit down. If you would like.
Az-eal
Az-eal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezreel Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:01 am

*Jez gives a respectful bow, then joins Az-eal by the fire. He watches the flames for a moment.* Forgive me if my asking is impertinent, my lord, and you need not answer if you don’t wish, but...was the memory that wizard’s wine evoked in you not a happy one?
Jezreel
Jezreel

Back to top Go down

Post by Az-eal Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:00 pm

If we are going to continue a conversation, please relax with the formality. I am no Lord. I don't subscribe to the self importance of other Gods. One of the many reasons I separate myself from them. Feel free to speak normally with me.
*Sighs heavily and rubs his temples *
As for the memory...it was a powerful one. I am uncertain how else to describe it.
*Gazes and Jez* Yours seemed to be a happy one. It pleased that crazy bastard-your reaction.
Az-eal
Az-eal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezreel Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:18 pm

*Jez catches himself smiling and clears his throat with a blush* It, ah...yes. It was. I had...forgotten...the way things used to feel. Distance and time dull the memory like an unused blade. But the way that wine evoked the memory...I felt like I was there again.
Jezreel
Jezreel

Back to top Go down

Post by Az-eal Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:36 pm

*Nods once in understanding* Damn wizards and their tricks. They've been my bain for a long time. Serves me right for taking something he offered.
*Decides to move the topic* tell me...why does a barbarian orc leave his role and study books instead?
Az-eal
Az-eal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezreel Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:55 pm

*Az-eal’s phrasing brings a solemn, humorless smile from Jezreel* Many reasons. None of them notable or adequate. *He sits back, thinking a moment* The heritage of my particular mix of blood does not make me especially suited to anything. I’m too tempered to make a good barbarian and too barbaric to make a good cleric. *he chuckles* I doubt my clan was sorry to see me go. Few religions opened their doors to me. I suppose I was—am—looking for my own path in the world. To understand why I was made in such a way as this.
Jezreel
Jezreel

Back to top Go down

Post by Az-eal Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:09 pm

*Gives a half smile* Too often that is the fate of us who are half bred. We become wanders, with no place to call our own. In fact those who follow and worship me are usually the outcasts of society. A tiefling God is...uncommon. So I assume they feel a connection of sorts.
Have you heard of the great library in this city?
Az-eal
Az-eal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezreel Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:20 pm

*Jezreel nods, smiling a sheepish smile* I must admit it was part of the reason I chose to wait in this particular tavern.
Jezreel
Jezreel

Back to top Go down

Post by Az-eal Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:26 pm

Ah, I see. I have spent some time there studying books of war...and death.
Az-eal
Az-eal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezreel Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:27 am

*Jezreel nods* The two things living beings will never be without.
Jezreel
Jezreel

Back to top Go down

Post by Az-eal Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:21 am

True. Do you plan on staying in the city long? I imagine you would be able to spend a lifetime studying at the great library. What books would you choose? *half smile* Ah, but I forget. Of course it would be of religion, no?
Az-eal
Az-eal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezreel Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:16 pm

*Jezreel nods, smiling a little and bowing his head in deference* Religion, yes. *looking up, cautious* Though I doubt I could learn as much from books as I could from the source. *raising his head* Are you interested in the library as well?
Jezreel
Jezreel

Back to top Go down

Post by Az-eal Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:20 pm

*Shakes his head* I don't know if I would be considered a reliable source. I choose to distant myself from them...however; my interest in the library has been peaked. I feel a presence there. It appears I am not the only God in this city.
Az-eal
Az-eal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezreel Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:02 pm

*for a split second, a flash of undisguised excitement crosses Jezreel’s face and he looks about ready to fall off his seat, but he quickly covers this expression. Trying to sound disinterested and failing* Perhaps we should pay a visit.
Jezreel
Jezreel

Back to top Go down

Post by Az-eal Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:47 pm

*Chuckles at the excitement his guest displayed* I think so. However; the library is closed tonight. I suggest we call it and head out after dawn *pauses* I suppose I should first offer my apologies to the wizard beforehand *a twitch in his eyebrow*
Az-eal
Az-eal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezreel Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:03 pm

*Jezreel gives a small, sympathetic smile* That might be wise, my lord—er, sir—um... *he purses his lips in thought* How would you like me to address you?
Jezreel
Jezreel

Back to top Go down

Post by Az-eal Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:22 pm

*Waves his hand dismissively* Az-eal is fine. *Stands up* I appreciate you checking in. I apologize for my lose of temper earlier. I'll make it up to you by helping you find this God. Fair enough?
Az-eal
Az-eal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezreel Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:43 am

*Jezreel rises as well* I assure you, you do not owe me anything. *He smiles* Though I would still certainly appreciate your help.
Jezreel
Jezreel

Back to top Go down

Post by Az-eal Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:48 am

*Extends his hand with his coy smirk* Sounds like fun. I'll see you early tomorrow then.
Az-eal
Az-eal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezreel Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:01 am

*Jezreel’s eyes go wide but he quickly recovers and extends his hand to shake with Az-eal* Tomorrow. *With that, he gives a nod and exits the room*
Jezreel
Jezreel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum