The Forgotten Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You there, come out of the cold!

5 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

You there, come out of the cold! - Page 4 Empty Re: You there, come out of the cold!

Post by Az-eal Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:20 pm

*Feels incredibly suspicious. He looks over to Jezell to see his reaction for a moment. Then back to Ivar. His eyes bore into him. Seeking to sense his motive*
How do I know it isn't poisoned...or that you have placed a curse over it? Forgive me, sir, but a traveller learns to be cautious.
Az-eal
Az-eal

Back to top Go down

You there, come out of the cold! - Page 4 Empty Re: You there, come out of the cold!

Post by Ivar Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:40 pm

Oh no! from all my years of knowledge I have learned to never mess with a good wine. I’m sure someone of your caliber could sense if it was un pure in any manner. I thought it would help with the .... the day you had, that this could help distract. I won’t lie *he chuckles lightly* I do wish to know Purely academic, of course, what favorite taste arise of a tiefling such as your self. You see I don’t converse with many Tieflings or Orcs for that matter. I do apologize I didn’t catch your name *drawing attention to the orc* and you see I don’t get out often, time goes fast when your studying earth worms. Best to catch up when I can
Ivar
Ivar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezreel Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:18 pm

Jezreel. *he inclines his head to the wizard* Jezreel of the Marrowfeast. *smiling, knowing the kind of reaction a name like that typically evokes* I’m afraid I’m only half Orc, so I don’t know that I’ll prove particularly useful to your experiment. *helpless smile* But I’ll participate, if you like.
Jezreel
Jezreel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivar Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:09 pm

*grasping Jazreels hand with both of my hands and shakes them excitedly* and with a booming laugh* What a pleasure to meet you! Yes yes, drink up drink up! Any knowledge i didn't have before is indeed a great treasure! Drink up and let me know what tastes arise for you dear friend!
Ivar
Ivar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezreel Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:47 pm

*Jez takes the offered drink and inspects it for a moment, lips pulling in uncertainty. He lets a breath out through his nose, then shrugs, taking a sip. In an instant, he’s in a tavern in a port town, drinking, he reports the taste to Ivar with a chuckle* Cheap mead. Vaguely fishy flavor. *His voice catches as the memory changes and he’s talking with the singlemost beautiful creature he has ever laid his eyes on* Sea salt caramel... *the memory changes again and this time Jez blushes, saying nothing of the flavor this time and passing Ivar back his drink*
Jezreel
Jezreel

Back to top Go down

Post by Az-eal Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:50 pm

*Az-eal watches intently. Despite himself is slightly amused. With a resigned sigh, he brings the wine up and and gives it a gentle swirl. He then brings his nose to the glass and breaths in.*

Leather.

*He inhales deeper this time*

Deep spices...a trace of cinnamon...*breath* vanilla...

*Takes a long pause...contemplating the final scent. Murmuring more to himself than the group* What...what is it?

*He finally takes a sip. He lets it settle against his pallet, savoring the richness. Something stirs*

The breeze of a midnight moon-

*His eyes snap up to Ivar. He looks murderous. The glass shatters in his hand."
Az-eal
Az-eal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivar Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:36 am

*ivar has retrieved a notebook and feather, furiously scribbling as each one describes, paying close attention to their breathe and slight movements* muttering yes yes wonderful this is wonderful...... *as the glass shatters he slowly looks up eyebrows knitted together as he meets the eyes of azell and eye brow raising in confusion* no... n.... no one has ever reacted that way before. *his hand slowly resting on his chin as he begins to thing, stroking his bread as far has his hand will let him* eyes refocusing on Azell, slightly widening* well my dear friend i do believe it is time for me to put this old bones to bed. Bar Keep? may i purchase a room? and quickly? *he slowly removes himself from the chair, back cracking as it readjust to standing*
Ivar
Ivar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezreel Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:53 am

*Jezreel glances between the wizard and the god, surprised, silent, waiting to see where the chips fall in order to best minimize damages. He casts a particular look upon the god as if to say, “Not here.”*
Jezreel
Jezreel

Back to top Go down

Post by Az-eal Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:21 am

*Az-eals blood boils. What trickery is this!? The air around his sizzles and everything seems to stir in a red haze. Memories still linger...of cries in the dark, screams, and then...long hair and that scent. *

What the hell. What the bloody hell.

*He looks at the men next to him. Gruffly-*
I'm retiring. Excuse me.

* He gets up. He finds Balin's wife and has her show him upstairs*
Az-eal
Az-eal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezreel Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:48 pm

*Jezreel hesitates for a long time, too long to really call it hesitation. Eventually he rises and goes upstairs. Only he has no idea which room is Az-eal’s. He hesistates again, then clears his throat and calls* My Lord?
Jezreel
Jezreel

Back to top Go down

Post by Balin Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:57 pm

*As He walks up the stairs showing the wizard his room, he notices the half-orc calling for the tiefling.* If you're looking for your friend he is in the room at the end of the hall. Door to the left. *Chuckles* gruff sort of fellow, isn't he?

*Turns to Ivar* Here you go good sir. I hope you find your stay comfortable!
Balin
Balin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezreel Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:37 pm

*Jez nods his thanks to Balin, and hopes the smile he offers is apology enough for the strange behavior of their group that night. He steps up to the door to Az-eal’s room, taking a deep breath and crossing himself with a holy symbol before knocking.* My Lord?
Jezreel
Jezreel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivar Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:18 pm

Thank you thank you kindly, This trip so far has been most enjoyable. *as he turns to the room* ah yes, i did leave some of my books downstairs i will collect them tomorrow, *slightly chuckling* im not sure what i left but i will let you know be care if you pick one up, who know what may come out or where it will take you.
I bid you ado!
*quickly he moves into the room and closes the door behind him*
Ivar
Ivar

Back to top Go down

Post by Az-eal Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:33 pm

*The next morning, Az-eal walks in and looks around and the quiet room. He orders some breakfast and takes a seat. Pulling out a dagger and a strap of leather, he methodically slides the blade back and forth on it. His mind is preoccupied with restless dreams and an uneasiness lingers.*
Az-eal
Az-eal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezreel Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:03 pm

*Jezreel spent the night just outside of town in his one-man tent, his mind full of the memories that wizard’s strange brew conjured. This morning, he rises, packs, and returns to town—his agreement with a god, and the experience of the night before far from forgotten. Jez doesn’t quite know what to make of any of it, but intends to keep his agreement with Az-eal. He makes his way to the tavern and enters, passing an appraising gaze around the room. He locates Az-eal and is once again struck by this turn of events. He approaches with a respectful caution it seems he’ll never lose, then offers with a small nod—* Good morning.
Jezreel
Jezreel

Back to top Go down

Post by Az-eal Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:11 pm

*Looks up from his work, not at all surprised to see Jez* Morning. Seems the wizard is a late riser. I'll wait until I've eaten but after that I plan on heading out. *Finishing up the sharpening, he flips his dagger once; inspects it, the quickly stows it away in his low back sheath.*
Az-eal
Az-eal

Back to top Go down

Post by Pearl Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:18 pm

*Ivar walks through the door to the tavern* AH! good day Gentleman, i see you all got some sleep. *hands full of morning glory weeds, dirt still stuck to the roots* Balin my good man, a raw potato if you have it. *starts shuffling to the table still covered in the books left from the night before*
Pearl
Pearl

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezreel Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:53 pm

*Jezreel can’t help but smile at Ivar, giving him a friendly nod* Did you sleep at all, friend? You look as if you’ve been...busy.
Jezreel
Jezreel

Back to top Go down

Post by Balin Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:55 pm

*Merrily waves at the wizard and walks back to get the orders ready. A few moments later he carries a plate of steaming eggs, a bowl of oats, bread with sliced cheese and other assortment. He places them in front of Az-eal*
Our finest. Fresh eggs, steal cut oats with honey from our very own hive, my wife's bread cooked fresh this morning, and local cured meat and cheese. Oh! And of course *reaches his hand into his pocket and turns to Ivar* a potatoe!
Balin
Balin

Back to top Go down

Post by Az-eal Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:59 pm

*Upon the arrival of Ivar, Az-eal gazed upon him with slight suspicion. The second the food arrived; however, his attention shifted quickly. He appraised the food. He reached out and tore of a piece of bread and loaded eggs on it.* Both of you, please feel free to sit. I have something to say to you, wizard.
Az-eal
Az-eal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezreel Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:37 am

*Jezreel obliges, pulling out a chair and joining Az-eal at the table*
Jezreel
Jezreel

Back to top Go down

Post by Az-eal Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:48 am

*Looks at Ivar* I must give an apology. I was not in a calm state of mind last night and I was an inconsiderate companion. I hope I didn't offend you.
*After staring at him deeply he gives a half smile* But now that I'm in a better state of mind, I have things I must do.
*His eyes glow slightly and a darkness seems to cast around him. He brings the the nail of his left finger to the pad of his right. The nail is sharp, more clawlike than a human nail. He pushes slowly and breaks the skin. A small pool of blood begins to form. He leans down to the floor and begins drawing runes in his blood. It glistens and he mutters quietly. A powerful and dark aura surrounds him. After a couple minutes, he stops. He sits back up and watches his work for a minute. Then with a satisfied smile, he leans back in his chair as if this was as normal as eating his food.*
Az-eal
Az-eal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jezreel Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:02 am

*Jezreel glances at Ivar, then at the runes, then at Az-eal, then back to Ivar. He doesn’t know what the runes mean, but given the aura around them, he can make certain assumptions. He stays quiet, however, and observes Ivar’s reaction closely*
Jezreel
Jezreel

Back to top Go down

Post by Az-eal Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:45 am

*Continues eating his food casually. He offers it to his guests as he makes his way through it. After several minutes he stops. His eyes go back to the runes. They have begun to glow. A mist seems to be seeping out of the ground and there is a sense that they are no longer the only ones present. The red glowing runes darken and become as night. The begin to creep together. Sliding almost as snakes to the center of the runes. They twist together and seamlessly a hand merges from their center. Dark, boney, with filthy nails the finger clasp in a fist. Az-eal reaches down toward the hand. It opens and places a necklace into Az-eal's palm. Az-eal looks at it and mutters in his native tounge a thank you. The hand sinks back into the ground. The runes disappear and the presence leaves. Az-eal turns back to his group* I need just a moment. I'll be back shortly and we can head to the library. *he gets up and heads upstairs to his room.*
Az-eal
Az-eal

Back to top Go down

Post by Az-eal Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:24 pm

*After about 20 minutes, Az-eal returns to the common room, looking pleases. He comes back to the table and nods toward Jez and Ivar * Shall we? *He grabs money out of his pocket and places it on the bar table. He moves toward the door, expecting to be followed.*
Az-eal
Az-eal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum