Description

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Description

Post by Admin on Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:45 pm

A large building of stone rises beautifully in the middle of the city center. It is a shining pillar. A sight of pride for the people of Dudor. Ages of history are found amongst it's numerous oak shelves. One can get lost for hours as they explore the shelves of science, magic, languages and much more.

As you enter, a large open room is before your eyes. The stone beneath you is marble and the walls rise ever onward. Floor after floor opening the work to all. Beautifully hand carved stairways curve upward on either side of the room. Light shines down from the large class ceiling and the several stained glass windows around the walls. Rooms break off from the main isles to provide some privacy for those who anticipate their study long and onerous. Dozens of large wingbacked armchairs for each floor. They are accompanied by sturdy tables and oil lamps.

Art and tapestries adorn the walls. There stories depict both lore and legend of Oblitus. The library also is home to various sculptures that ate placed sporadically amoung the halls. Protecting the floor, large and ornate hand woven rugs line the pathways.

Protecting these cherished treasures are 5 persons. A human, elf, dwarf, gnome and halfling. They each represent and protect the knowledge of their races. They are helpful and love any seaker of knowledge. If you respect the library, they will happily assist you.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 4
Join date : 2018-10-22

View user profile http://oblitus.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Description

Post by Oborus God of Harvest on Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:30 pm

*Book after book goes flying into the open halls of the Library... Crashing upon the floor, bent, and folded.* "Blast these ancient useless tomes! Utterly weak when it comes to having more whorshippers..." *Oborus pauses again as another book catches his eye.. reading the book upside down, with complete confusion. Again he throws the book with the slightest of care* "Weak!" "Guardian of Tomes, I require your aid! I need to know how to have more followers! I require your finest book and no less."
avatar
Oborus God of Harvest

Posts : 6
Join date : 2018-10-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Description

Post by Molti on Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:45 pm

*From atop a bookcase a small creature comes flying in a swirl of robes and black hair. She flings herself right into the disturber's face. Yelling in rage*

By the Gods, what the hell ya doin!? You be making a mess of them sacred books.
*She smacks him across the head with the long rod she carries in her hand. Her pointed ears shake with every movement and her steel grey eyes flash menacingly. Her freckled face scrunched in anger*
avatar
Molti

Posts : 13
Join date : 2018-11-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Description

Post by Az-eal on Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:27 pm

*Enters the library and looks around. He can sense the presence close by. Looking back at Jez* Don't be too lost by the books. I can sense it. He's here.
*Suddenly he hears crashing from the next floor, followed soon by piercing shreaks. He smirks and strides up the stairs. As he clears the landing his eyes take in the mess and the two figures facing off. One short and small, and the other large and looming. Both Oborus and Molti looking threatening at eachother.*
Well, this is interesting.
avatar
Az-eal

Posts : 82
Join date : 2018-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Description

Post by Jezreel on Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:45 pm

*Jezreel raises his eyebrows at Az-eal’s mysterious comment, but follows nonetheless. He is surprised by the sight at the top of the stairs, particularly as at least one of the beings in the mess of books appears to be another god. Jezreel stops dead in his tracks and stares for a moment before realizing his rudeness and averting his eyes to the ground. He glances at Az-eal, and speaks softly.* Was this your purpose in the library?
avatar
Jezreel

Posts : 67
Join date : 2018-10-28
Location : White Boar Inn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Description

Post by Az-eal on Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:08 pm

*Glances and Jez and chuckles* Seemed like it could be entertaining. I told you, this library would keep your interest. *Steps over to a winged back chair and plops down. His legs wrapped over one arm and his back leaning against the other.* Now, I'm not one to get involved until needed. So I'll just watch for a moment.
avatar
Az-eal

Posts : 82
Join date : 2018-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Description

Post by Oborus God of Harvest on Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:19 pm

"Ah!" Oborus turns and aknowledges Az-eal, completely ignoring everyone else. "Another god in my presence, surely you can tell me where to find books on followers!" Walking forward pushing books left and right with each step not minding them or trying to be careful. Books start to rip and tear as he moves towards Az-eal.
avatar
Oborus God of Harvest

Posts : 6
Join date : 2018-10-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Description

Post by Molti on Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:27 pm

*Even at the arrival of new patrons, she will not be diverted.* Eh!!! I be a talkin' to ye, yeh big blumbering oaf!! *Skimpers After Oborus, hitting his legs repeatedly with her staff*
avatar
Molti

Posts : 13
Join date : 2018-11-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Description

Post by Az-eal on Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:33 pm

*Watches, bored. One arm lays out across his knee while he props his chin on the opposite fist. He gazes at Oborus steadily as he approaches.*
You makes a great deal of noise for one so weak, tiny God.
*He glances down to the small female gnome* Seems you've upset the caretakers. Best watch out, I wager she is strong enough to cause you some harm.
avatar
Az-eal

Posts : 82
Join date : 2018-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Description

Post by Oborus God of Harvest on Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:53 am

Oborus God of Harvest stops in his tracks... Staring directly at Az-eal.
"I am the great God of the Harvest, you will show your respect."
Slight rumbling around Oborus shaking books a little.
avatar
Oborus God of Harvest

Posts : 6
Join date : 2018-10-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Description

Post by Jezreel on Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:54 am

*Jezreel watches this admittedly bizarre scene unfold, staring, not with shock, but keen interest. He takes everything in, wishing he had something on him to make notes. As Oborus approaches Az-eal, and the books begin to shake, Jezreel offers the god a sweeping bow.* Of course, my lord. One such as yourself is certainly worthy of great reverence. *Jez flicks a glance with a playful smile at Az-eal.*
avatar
Jezreel

Posts : 67
Join date : 2018-10-28
Location : White Boar Inn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Description

Post by Oborus God of Harvest on Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:08 am

Not even phased by Jezreel's courtesy. "It is not uncommon for the weak to gravitate towards me. (He says with a smug confidence.) You shall be my newest servant. Consider yourself honored. Now fetch me a book on how to get more of your weak kind to worship me."
Oborus God of the Harvest's eyes fixated on Az-eal.
All while Molti is still smacking Oborus's legs.
avatar
Oborus God of Harvest

Posts : 6
Join date : 2018-10-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Description

Post by Jezreel on Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:35 am

*Jezreel does not take kindly to being called weak. In fact, his lips twitch in a quiet, but undisciplined, growl. He holds his ground.” There is no such book.
avatar
Jezreel

Posts : 67
Join date : 2018-10-28
Location : White Boar Inn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Description

Post by Az-eal on Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:25 pm

*Eyes flash and a dark aura begins to surround Az-eal. His voice becomes quiet and yet it carries like a dagger across the room.*
I show respect to no God. They feared me enough to make me one. Now, stand back, you pathetic oaf, before I silence you and send you to Hell. I am tempted, you see, to teach you manners.
*Looks at Jez for a moment and back to Oborus.* You seek followers. I am not surprised. Your power is almost as muted as an infant bear. You have fallen lower than most.
Allow me to remind you....

*A cold darkness begins to seep into the room and tendrils of magic begin to snake around Oborus, biting into his skin. Az-eal still sits just as casually and calmly.*

...that I have not.
avatar
Az-eal

Posts : 82
Join date : 2018-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Description

Post by Molti on Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:28 pm

*At Az-eals words, Molti shudders and stops hitting Oborus. When she begins to feel the magic she let's out a soft yelp and jumps back. Crouched, with her staff in front of her. On the defensive. She gazes at Az-eal and her mind recalls a certain book she read. She begins to tremble as she starts to wonder if What they were saying was true.*
avatar
Molti

Posts : 13
Join date : 2018-11-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Description

Post by Jezreel on Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:14 pm

*Jezreel looks to Molti, trying to appear nonplussed by the gods in conflict not two feet from them.* Are you all right?
avatar
Jezreel

Posts : 67
Join date : 2018-10-28
Location : White Boar Inn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Description

Post by Molti on Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:43 pm

*Looks at Jezreel cautiously. She moves closer to him and murmers* They be talkin' all big and making dem magic in dis hall. But...*leans in and whispers * The red one not really bein a God, am he?
avatar
Molti

Posts : 13
Join date : 2018-11-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Description

Post by Oborus God of Harvest on Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:40 am

Unwavering by the biting of tendrils. A small smirk crosses Oborus's face. "So you're the god of creepy tendrils I see... Well now... Allow me to show you my great power." *Raising his hand in the air a small sense of wind starts to breeze its way in. The room goes quiet. The rumbling at his feet begins again, and then fades... Oborus standing with his arm still raised.... 30 seconds go by.... then a minute goes by....

Oborus's eyes open, his expression completely stunned. "WHERE IS MY POWER!?!?" *Gasping his hand a few times in the air, pulling it down to his face and staring intently into his palm... A small flicker of light like a dying candle arises from his palm. "HA! Fear me!" *Pointing his hand at Az-eal, the small puff of light flickers from his palm to the floor, where it slowly dies out... Silence follows the room.


"Well...I...It must be the change in atmosphere... or perhaps I didn't eat breakfast! Ha! That must be it, I am not accustom to eat these humans call it! Hahahaha" Abruptly he stops laughing turns to Az-eal "Consider yourself lucky creepy tentacle man, for if I was at my true power not even your octopus could stop the likes of me!" Spinning around he picks up the nearest book on the ground to try and cover his bright red face of embarrassment, flipping through the pages while pacing away, little does he know the book is upside down...
avatar
Oborus God of Harvest

Posts : 6
Join date : 2018-10-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Description

Post by Jezreel on Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:53 am

Jezreel quietly makes his reply during Oborus’s display, hoping Az-eal won’t be able to hear his response to Molti’s question. “He is a god, I assure you,” he says and wonders if Molti knows Oborus is one as well. “And I think it would be wise not to question him. Or mention that I told you he was a god.” He gives Molti a kind, of a little sheepish, smile.
avatar
Jezreel

Posts : 67
Join date : 2018-10-28
Location : White Boar Inn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Description

Post by Molti on Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:31 am

*Molti's eyes go wide and she shivers. She nods her understanding and finishes watching the face off. She can believe Az-eal is a God, his very presence alarms her. When Oborus raises his hands, she prepared herself only to see nothing. As he walks away all her spitfire comes rearing back*
Hey!! You gonna be picking up dem books, yeh hear!?
avatar
Molti

Posts : 13
Join date : 2018-11-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Description

Post by Az-eal on Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:37 am

*Az-eal is tempted to laugh, but frankly feels he is above it. He does; however, allow the smirk to break into an open, mocking smile. The sharp canines of his mouth add to the slightly terrifying threat he protrays.*
As I said...lower than most. I recommend you respect this place and that fiesty one at your heals. You may have more luck.
*Turns toward Jezreel*
I didn't realize he would be such an easily provoked God. I apologise. He probably would be willing to talk to you now that he's all deflated.
*Picks up the nearest book by him, reads the cover, half shrugs and opens it to start reading.*
avatar
Az-eal

Posts : 82
Join date : 2018-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Description

Post by Jezreel on Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:56 am

Jezreel isn’t certain he particularly wants to talk to Oborus, given the rather childish display, but the call of scholarship is stronger than his irritation. He approaches Oborus and gives the god a respectful, but less pronounced than before, nod. “My lord,” he says softly so that Az-eal will be less likely to hear, not because he cares if he should, but that Oborus would probably prefer it that way. “I will not be your servant, but I would like to help. I am a scholar of religion. Perhaps I might be of some service?”
avatar
Jezreel

Posts : 67
Join date : 2018-10-28
Location : White Boar Inn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Description

Post by Oborus God of Harvest on Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:04 am

Look up at Jazreel in surprise. "Service?.... Ah! Like I said, the weak gravitate towards me!" Acting not surprised anymore jumps to attention. "Little green orc, I require a mass of followers by sundown, see to it and be rewarded by my gracious hand, use your religious power to draw them in." Nodding with confidence to Jazreel.

avatar
Oborus God of Harvest

Posts : 6
Join date : 2018-10-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Description

Post by Jezreel on Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:10 am

Jezreel grits his teeth and wonders for a moment why he even bothered. To be called weak by a god that requires a mortal to gather followers... Nevertheless, Jez manages a tight smile. “If you could provide me with a little more context to your need, that would be helpful. Why do you require followers by sundown?”
avatar
Jezreel

Posts : 67
Join date : 2018-10-28
Location : White Boar Inn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Description

Post by Ivar on Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:41 pm

Jazreel!! Jazreel!! Good sir, would you mind smushing my potato for me? *as i struggle to open the door to the Library* My apologize gentleman, I got distracted by a Fir Tree, It was extra prickly today which means good luck so i had to take a moment to stop and smell it.

*Turning to Az-eal, potato still extended out* am i interrupting something, Azell?
avatar
Ivar

Posts : 25
Join date : 2018-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Description

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum